DioDict English Learners Dict Apk v4.3.07.13923 Latest Version
★★New DioDict 4, Quick Search Enabled Electronic Dictionary, Now Available★★
The complete DioDict English Dictionary • 184,500 words, meanings and examples • Thousands of notes on grammar and ways to use words • No internet connection needed.
**Free upgrade available for DioDict 3 English Learners Dictionary users.
DioDict 4 is only compatible with OS versions ICS (Android 4.0) and above. If your device’s OS is ICS or higher, DioDict 4 will be downloaded and installed. If your device’s OS is lower than ICS, DioDict 3 will be automatically selected for download.
If you are using DioDict 3, please note that each version has different functions. **
Please check the link below if you have any concerns about the installation and using of DioDict.
=====Contains Rich Content =====
This app includes content from the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, 8th edition, 2010.
Imagine having the top selling English learner’s dictionary in your pocket!
Dictionary features include:
• 184,500 words, phrases and meanings from British and American English. British/American-only words are specially marked.
• Thousands of examples of real English showing learners how a word is normally used.
• Text to speech engine so you can listen to American and British native speaker’s pronunciation of words and sentences.
• 1,000 newly coined words, such as ‘podcast’, ‘wiki’, ‘carbon footprint’, ‘social networking’, and ‘tiger economy’.
• 7,000 synonyms and antonyms as well as 5,000 words related to science, literature, computers, and business.
• Explanations and examples use natural, easy-to-understand English.
• A pronunciation guide (IPA) with word stress shown next to each word entry.
• Large amount of grammatical information:
— parts of speech (noun, verb, adj. etc.) of each word.
— irregular verb forms and noun plurals.
— which prepositions are used with which verbs and adjectives.
— whether a noun is countable or uncountable.
=====Powerful & Specialized Functions=====
▶ Easier Search with ‘Multi Search’ ◀
• When you enter a word to search, relevant sentence idioms and phrasal verbs are searched for and spelling is checked automatically.
• Multiple types of searches are available in a single search window without the need to select a search mode.
▶ Search Features ◀
• Wildcard search: enter “?” or “*” in place of a letter when you are unsure of the spelling (e.g., “man*ver” retrieves the word “maneuver”).
• Search not only for words, but for phrases or examples.
• The spell check function corrects typos – if you are unsure of the spelling or mis-type a word, a list of similar words is offered.
• Search for similar words: e.g. clicking on “adding” in an entry yields a list of similar and derivative words: “addition”, “additional”, “additive”, “addition reaction”.
• The search results are listed in real-time when you enter a keyword.
• Links to Google so that you can search for more information on a particular word.
▶ Vocab Revision ◀
• Pronunciation guide from the built-in American Text To Speech (TTS) solution.
• History menu lists all your recent word searches.
• Save words and expressions to any number of flashcard folders.
• You can efficiently learn the words saved in the folders using the Cradle and Yes/No Quizzes function.
* You may also notice a $1.00 transaction from Google, which is actually a pending authorization request between Google billing system and the bank that issued your credit or debit card, so you won’t end up paying the extra $1.00.
■ CS center : email@example.com
3,935 total views, 2 views today